Tilapia Fish Tacos Marinated in AAV
The less oily, white, flaky fishes such as halibut, cod, sea bass and tilapia work very when marinated in AAV.
- Alpine Avocado Vinaigrette
- Hard taco shells
- Can of corn
- Red Onion
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh lime or lemon
- Cilantro (optional)
- Jalapeño (optional)
Prepare the fish…
- Lay out the fillets of Tilapia on a cutting board or in a bowl. Sprinkle black pepper or Spike seasoning over top and then lightly pat the seasoning into the fish.
- Brush a light coat of AAV over the fish. Don’t over do it! Give the fish a minute to gossip with the AAV as you turn your focus to the salsa.
Prepare the Salsa…
- Dice up and mix together a roughly equal amount of fresh tomato, red onion, cucumber and canned corn.
- Finely shred some green cabbage and add it to the mix.
- Dice some jalapeño and cilantro, and add an amount that appeals to you.
- Finally, drizzle a light amount of AAV over this beautiful concoction and toss lightly (careful not to make turn the fresh avocado into mush). Remember that the fish will also have some of the delicious AAV flavor so you should dress the salsa lightly so you don’t wind up with too much of a good thing.
Grill the fish to perfection.
Place cooked tilapia in hard taco shell or on top of a tostada shell. Put a good amount of the salsa over top. Garnish with thin slices of avocado. Add a sprinkle of shredded cheddar cheese (optional), squeeze some fresh lime or lemon over everything and ENJOY!