Baked Chicken Thighs
Yuuuum… Here is a very delicious, crowd-pleasing, baked chicken dish you can quickly whip together using Alpine Avocado Vinaigrette as a marinade. The thighs are much juicier than chicken breast meat, and as a result, far tastier in my humble opinion. However, the real magic of this combination is when the juices that are rendered from the thighs (as they cook), starts to mingle with the AAV dressing marinade. The resulting flavor is a work of art that you will want to sop up with some type of starch like wild rice or a baked potato side dish.
Prep time: 57 seconds!…(not counting the side dish)
Cook time: approx 35min (40 min max)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a casserole dish, place any number of skinless, bone-in chicken thighs. Make sure there is some room between the thighs so that they aren’t too crowded to cook thoroughly.
- Lather them up with a healthy coat of AAV and put them in the oven.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with fresh black pepper (optional)
- Cook for approx. 30-35 min. (*If the chicken is not browned enough for you, broil them for the last 5 min)
- Pull the thighs out and check to see they are cooked thoroughly (165 – 170 degrees)
The juices at the bottom of the pan are pure culinary gold. As such, it is downright sinful to throw it out. Drizzle a spoonful over top of some wild rice and/or have some French bread handy to sop it up!